Point of View Programs and Services
Point of View is dedicated to peacebuilding practice and learning. We bring research and theory to the practice of conflict resolution, and conflict resolution to the global community.
We’re here to help.
Conflict is inevitable, but it need not be disruptive. We believe conflict can be transformed to opportunities for positive social change, connection, and collaboration. We also believe that anyone can learn skills to be a peacebuilder in their own organization or community.
Drawing on the Carter School’s long history of experience in conflict resolution, POV provides customized in-person and online training and facilitation support to local, national, and global organizations and communities.
POV’s diverse roster of trainers and facilitators will work with you to design a program or process to meet your specific needs and goals, such as through:
- Inter- or intra-group facilitation to help work through differences and find a workable solution;
- Introductory or advanced workshops and trainings to strengthen conflict resolution, problem solving, and effective communication skills;
- A tailored process to hone in on your objectives or strategy, to build community, or to foster a healthy organizational culture;
- Restorative circles and reflective processes to support healing and reconciliation; and
- Workshops or seminars in such areas as gender inclusive peacebuilding, engaging youth in conflict resolution, interfaith dialogue and working with religious actors in peacebuilding, decolonizing knowledge, and additional subjects based on the research expertise of our faculty.
Sessions may take place online or in person, through multiple-day events or just over a few hours, depending on what works best for your unique needs and goals. Programs can take place at POV, on any Mason campus, online, or offsite at your own location.
POV’s tranquil and rural location offers a respite and ideal setting for reflective thinking and productive interactions, transformative connections, dialogue, and reconciliation. Yet its proximity to the nation’s capital provides an opportunity to benefit from the region’s vast informational resources as well as to serve its civic and business associations, federal agencies, universities, and the international community.
Please contact us if you are interested in training, facilitation, or other programmatic support or partnership, or fill out our reservation form if you have a specific event or activity in mind.